FACES OF AGENT ORANGE TOWN HALL MEETING SCHEDULE
Saturday, September 1, 2012
#GMO #Monsanto #Brands #Natural: Friends and Enemies of Your Right to Know
We need to send a clear message to these traitor brands, in the only language they understand: lost profits and lower sales. Today, the Organic Consumers Association and Mercola.com are formally calling for a global boycott of the following organic and "natural" brands:
* Kashi (owned by Kellogg, which has contributed $632,000 to defeat Proposition 337). Kashi's so-called "natural" breakfast cereals have tested positive for the presence of GMOs. Kellogg also owns the "natural" brands Bear Naked and Morningstar Farms.
* Silk soymilk (owned by the nation's largest dairy, Dean Foods, which has contributed $253,000 to the effort to kill Proposition 37). Dean Foods also owns White Wave Tofu and Horizon milk and dairy products.
* R.W. Knudsen (owned by Smucker, which has contributed $388,000 to defeat proposition 37). Smucker also owns Santa Cruz Organic.
* Cascadian Farm (owned by General Mills, which has contributed $520,000 to defeat proposition 37). General Mills also owns Larabar and Muir Glen.
* Honest Tea (owned by Coca-Cola which has contributed $1,164,400 to defeat Proposition 37). Coca-Cola also owns Odwalla.
* Naked Juice (owned by PepsiCo which has contributed $1,716,300 to defeat Proposition 37). PepsiCo also owns Tostito's Organic and Tropicana Organic.
* "O" Organics (Safeway's private label line of organic foods). Safeway, like other "No on 37" companies, is a dues-paying member of the Grocery Manufacturers Association, which has contributed $375,000 to defeat Prop 37.
Boycott these brands - the BETRAYERS of our right to know. Help make sure their betrayal of consumers affects their bottom line. Please go to their Facebook pages and tell them what you think of their hypocrisy, or call their consumer response lines. Companies like Kashi/Kellogg and Muir Glen/General Mills are already deluged with complaints on their Facebook pages - let's turn up the heat!
For a more complete list of organic and natural food "traitor" or "collaborator" brands that are subsidiaries of Big Ag companies opposing Prop 37 see: http://www.organicconsumers.org/articles/article_26023.cfm
For a pie chart of biotech and Big Food corporations trying to kill Prop 37, as well as a separate pie chart of those supporting Yes on Prop 37 see: http://organicconsumersfund.org/label/prop-37-funders.cfm