Sunday, December 4, 2011

Healing Yourself with Herb's doesn't happen over night
By Chris Crawford Herbalist 4 Vets

It has been a while since I wrote anything and the title of this post says it all. I usually try to talk about different herbs and how they help you feel better, however I am not going to do that here. I recently had to go off all my herbal remedies for some testing the VA wanted me to go through and needless to say if they ever ask me to do it again I will tell them where to go, and how to get there. I will never ever let myself go through that again.

The title of this is, "Healing yourself with herbs doesn't happen over night" and this is something I even forget every so often. You do not realize just how far you have come till you are forced to do with out the things that help. I went off everything for 35 day that is absolutely nothing and because many of the herbs I use help in many areas not taking them not only hurt me because they would interfere with the test it also hurt me because it also took away many of the things I used to help with pain and other issues. I have had to do many types of tests for the VA over the past few years some of them multiple times I am tired of constantly having to prove how sick I am to them. the 35 days was the longest I have ever had to go with out meds or herbs and I will say it will never happen again.

Healing myself with herbs has been a long process and I know I am far from where I was before Iraq and the military. I never could have dreamed how far I had come till that time with out, it made me realize that it has taken me a long time to get to where I was but just a short time to revert back to constant pain and other issues. I am now a month back into taking my herbal regiment and yes I feel better but I am far from where I was when I had to stop taking them. Many of the herbs can take 2 to 3 months to really notice a difference even though they may give you an immediate relief. Healing yourself with herbs will not happen over night but I would much rather take herbs that help me than the drugs the VA gave me that turned me into a zombie and caused more problems than the meds was supposed to fix.

I love what I do with herbs because I know they work and because I know there is others that are tired of meds that don't work or cause more issues than they are supposed to fix. I will help anyone that asks and sometimes that gets me into trouble because I forget to practice what I preach and forget to leave time for myself. I hate to see people hurting when I know I have the knowledge to help them if they are willing to ask for it. Many people I have talked to have said they have tried herbs and they didn't work for them. I then have to ask them what was you using and how long did you use it before you desided they wasn't working. I would be safe to say that 3 out of 5 didn't take the herb long enough to notice any changes hince they say they didn't work. The other 2 out of the 5 was just taking something to be taking something and didn't get results because what they was taking had no medicinal properties to help with the issues they was taking them for. Yes there are herbs like crampbark which I swear by that works almost instantly for pain and migraines but there are many other areas it helps that takes time to notice. Then you got herbs like Ginko for memory that can take months to notice major changes. So in closing I will say this again healing youself with herbs doesn't happen over night but once you start to see the changes it is like night and day.

Chris Crawford
Herbalist 4 Vets

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good stuff Chris, thanks for sharing. :-) Andrea