Based on performance related to 22 accountability measures for heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical care, The Joint Commission report singles out hospitals in 45 states. The list of top performing hospitals and the measure set or sets for which each hospital was recognized are available online at www.jointcommission.org/topperformers.
The list of VA Medical Centers on the Top Performers on Key Quality Measures for 2010 includes:
· Phoenix VA Health Care System; Phoenix, Ariz.
· VA Loma Linda Health Care System; Loma Linda, Calif.
· VA San Diego Health Care System; San Diego, Calif.
· Atlanta VA Medical Center; Atlanta, Ga.
· Boise VA Medical Center; Boise, Idaho
· Jesse Brown VA Medical Center; Chicago, Ill.
· Captain James A. Lovell Federal Health Care Center; North Chicago, Ill.
· Robert J. Dole VA Medical Center; Wichita, Kan.
· Oscar G. Johnson VA Medical Center; Iron Mountain, Mich.
· Aleda E. Lutz VA Medical Center; Saginaw, Mich.
· VA Gulf Coast Federal Health Care System; Biloxi, Miss.
· G.V. Sonny Montgomery VA Medical Center; Jackson, Miss.
· VA Sierra Nevada Health Care System; Reno, Nev.
· VA Healthcare Network Upstate New York; Bath, N.Y.
· Fayetteville VA Medical Center; Fayetteville, N.C.
· James E. Van Zandt VA Medical Center; Altoona, Pa.
· Erie VA Medical Center; Erie, Pa.
· William Jennings Bryan Dorn VA Medical Center; Columbia, S.C.
· James H. Quillen VA Medical Center; Mountain Home, Tenn.
· William S. Middleton Memorial Veterans Hospital; Madison, Wis.The Source